How to use this website:
- View thumbnail images of Yellow/Orange,
Red/Pink, White, or
Blue/Purple flowers. The thumbnails can be clicked to view a larger
image and information about the plant.
- List plants by genus and species. To find a plant by its common name,
use your browser's "find" feature when the list is displayed.
- View a list of links to other wildflower image and gardening sites
that may be of interest.
- Print note cards featuring some of the beautiful wildflower images on
- Please see the bibliography below for the list of resources that were
consulted in creating this site. All publications listed are highly
recommended as additional sources of information.
- All images are protected by copyright. Other than printing note cards
for personal use, do not use any of the text or images on this site
Missouri is blessed with an abundance of beautiful wildflowers from
early spring to late fall, in a multitude of colors, sizes, and shapes.
This wildflower identification site, created by Marilyn Gerrard-Hartman
and sponsored by Marizon Inc, a web development company located near
Jefferson City, contains images of some common wildflowers in the
mid-Missouri area. Included in addition to non-woody plants are vines,
shrubs and even a few trees that have conspicuous flowers.
Because the color of some flowers is difficult to classify, and because
some are quite variable, several are listed under more than one color.
Even so, be sure to check other color categories if you don't find what
you're looking for in the category you expected.
Please consider helping to support this web site by purchasing one of
the books listed below.
February 2008: Additional improved photographs.
March - June 2007: Additional improved photographs.
January 2007: Site re-design, several improved photos, and new note cards.
- Ozark Wildflowers, A Field Guide to Common Ozark Wildflowers, Don Kurz: Falcon Publishing, Helena, 1999
- Missouri Wildflowers, Edgar Denison: Missouri Department of Conservation, Jefferson City, 1998
- National Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Wildflowers, Eastern Region, William A. Niering and Nancy C. Olmstead: Alfred A. Knopf, New York, 1997
- The Peterson Field Guides Series, A Field Guide to Wildflowers, Northeastern and Northcentral North America, Roger Tory Peterson and Margaret McKenny: Houghton Mifflin Company, New York, 1968
- The Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Trees, Eastern Region, Elbert L. Little: Alfred A. Knopf, New York, 1997
Purchasing any of the books listed below from Amazon.com through the following links helps support this web site. Thank you!